View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 08:54 PM   #30
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

I personally like the concept of the Player of the Month (POTM) players and could even see them adding the player of the week set based on the MLB Player of the Week nominee. This could be done similar to other ultimate team/perfect team games like FIFA and Madden. The POTM, player of the week (POTW), all-star cards for current players gives players a chance to have a version of a live card without the significant risk of decreased value due to a downturn in performance. However, there’s a potential for loss of value by knowing that a newer version of the card may come out, specifically for the player of the week, or POTM cards. This is normal when compared to every other perfect/ultimate team game. Does that mean it is right? No, but I could see them headed that way. It would also keep a lot of the “common” players around who want to use the players they know currently. A lot of the live cards aren’t great when moving into the diamond and perfect level due to the current “meta” in baseball not matching up with the game-engine “meta.” Note, I don’t use those cards so I have no bias to more of those coming in the game.
Some comments were made about the number of versions of the same card being limited to three which I think is a pretty good idea, but even four may work.

I would add that the pack-weight needs to be adjusted though to assist with collection missions and removing the number of live cards relative to historic cards imo, especially if they looked at POTW cards in addition to the normal set.

I like the number and types of cards available. I also like that additional cards continue to be brought in. It gives more diversity in most leagues (up until the mega whales in perfect which is consistent with any “meta” in any game). I agree that several cards are over-priced which is due to their relative supply in packs which could be adjusted through my previous point.

The competitive balance is something that is tough to quantify though. You look at other games (Madden/Fifa) and when people spend substantial money on the game, their teams are substantially better than F2P teams. That is to be expected. The F2P teams have to spend more in-game time grinding games or the AH to make enough money to compete with the high-end teams, and even then, usually lose out. That’s normal and to be expected though. I chose to play F2P on any game like this and focus on the league where I can be competitive. I also believe the PT universe needs a reset every year, similar to other perfect/ultimate team games. It’s great to start fresh and try to build a new team.

TL;DR: I disagree with OP’s comments in most places. I know most won’t agree with comments and I’m fine with that. Just wanted to provide my two cents and comment that I think the game is headed in a good direction and perfect team is a good addition.

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote