View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 02:07 PM   #7
clamel
All Star Starter

I'm still troubled over the draft issue in hist leagues. I used to have players imported directly with no draft and that worked nice, however I felt that one cool issue was missing.

When trying to get my head around this I have some questions.
When adding on historical they popped up when they played their first MiLB game. I have full minor leagues and normally starts in70s or 80s.

You set the draft to go on 15th Dec. I tried this on my first try, however this is what I got.
It's 1985 when my league starts and the draft in dec of 1985. However finding players that was in the top draft for 1985 already in their teams, Surhoff, Bobby Witt, Randy Johnson and so on. However John Smoltz is not and probably will pop up in that dec draft 1985, since he played the first games in the minors 1986.

Before setting up different I would like to know how it would have played out if I put the draft on the regular time in June.

Would Surhoff get in that 85 June draft and not ready to play from the start of the season . How about Smoltz ?

Maybe it's impossible to get players in the "correct" yearly draft. That is understandable that some player (like Surhoff, Randy) was drafted even earlier but opted to not sign and go in later drafts.

Is it basically the year they first entered the field in any level and then they pop up in the draft the year prior to that first playing-year, not actual draftyear.

What difference will June towards Dec draft do ???

Confusing, but I'm sure you get my meaning.
clamel is offline   Reply With Quote