View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 03:57 PM   #28
maikgianino
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
FHM3 did not. Although we did release a mod you could make to reduce injuries.

The big reason is simple: We're going for realism. All of our injuries track with what happens (and usually undershoots) what happens in a real NHL season. I've posted it before but he's just a quick website I use personally from time to time to look at: http://nhlinjuryviz.blogspot.com/p/index-page.html

Sometimes we forget how many injuries teams go through. The biggest thing I think we'd like to add eventually would be the ability for some players to play through injuries at for instance, playoff time - but if you have a guy at 50% or less, how would you feel if he's the reason your lose? Or how to we correctly replicate for a set of games someone skating at 75%, or being unable to take a slapshot, etc.
Understood but you guys most of the times compare the injury rates with the NHL which is the most popular, active, powerful, talented league in the world but most of the players of FHM play in other leagues which are not so popular, active, powerful and talented and also have different rules.

I made a post earlier this year where I reached the limite of protected players and I got all my goalies injured so I couldn't play THE GAME ANYMORE due too many injuries. How did I fixed it? I didn't. I had to start another game because the only way to keep playing was changing position to a skater, make it play as goalie and lose hundred of games until one of my 2 goalies can play.

I remember when I used to play NHL 2001 (my favorite NHL game) and there was an algorithm where the more backup players you had the more injured players you had. So I usually tried to have just 1 or 2 backup players per position to avoid a lot of injuries. In FHM that would make sense at least to me, because you have 5 or more injured players in leagues where you can't have more than 25 players so there is not a chance to keep playing because you are stuck due to the injuries.
maikgianino is offline   Reply With Quote