View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 10:29 PM   #99
rpriske
Hall Of Famer

June 26th, 1985

In Cincy, facing the Reds.

The Giants are going with Terry Mulholland (5-5, 5.48).
The Padres are sending out Jeff Russell (4-3, 4.88).

This I like. I have gone 3 for 6 against Russell.

I lead off and grounded out to Tom Foley at 2nd... but he dropped the ball! Safe on error! I'll take it!
You know what comes next... stolen base #49.
Then Kenny Oberkfell doubled and I crossed for the first run of the game, only two batters in. Rob Deer knocked Kenny O home and we had the lead.

Giants up 2-0.

In the 2nd I came up with two out and John Castino on 2nd. This time I really grounded out to Foley.

I got the 1st out in the 3rd as payback, handling a Foley grounder. Later that frame Dan Driessen pushed Tracy Jones across to put the Reds on the board. Then Eric Davis got a game-tying single, scoring Kal Daniels.

Game tied 2-2.

In the 4th I came up with one out and Castino on 3rd and Mulholland on 1st. I did the worst possible thing... I grounded into a double play.

In the 5th Davis knocked Russell across and the Reds took the lead. I got the 3rd out to stop it from getting any worse on a diving stop off the bat of Bill Almon.

Reds lead 3-2.

The Reds' 6th: Single, Single, Single, Single, Walk, Single

At the point Nestor pulled Terry for Pat Perry.

Sac Fly, Walk, Single, Walk, Strikeout, Groundout. Six runs.

Reds lead 9-2.

In the 7th I came up with one out and pinch hitter Sixto Lezcano on 1st, now facing Frank Pastore. I singled into left. I was erased on a fielder's choice by Kenny O. We ended up not scoring.

Bill Laskey took the mound for us in the 7th.

I came up in the top of the 9th with one out and Castino on 1st, now facing John Franco. He struck me out.

We lost 9-2.

34-36

````````````````````````````````````````

rpriske is offline   Reply With Quote