View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 05:54 PM   #3
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I think you're misinterpreting how the historical league works... even though it's using real players and can base their ratings/abilities off their real career numbers, there are no "predetermined stats" for them. Once the game starts rolling, anything can happen.

Factor into that the ability to setup a 'historical' league, but not have the players go to their real teams (they just go into a draft pool for anyone to pick), and that you can make their debut year random as well (so you could start a league in 1901 that has an inaugural draft class with Randy Johnson, Stan Musial, Ty Cobb and Sandy Koufax all rookies). You expect them to perform up to their real life numbers, but that's not always the case. (example: I'm fast simming a historical league that's up to the year 2100 right now. I went back to look at some players to see how they measured up to their real numbers. One current player really jumped out, and not in a good way... Yadier Molina only played one year in the majors, and only got 6 ABs before he suffered a CEI and was done... and what's more disturbing , the Cubs have won 16 WS and are the real-life Yankees of this universe).

for the minor league players you want to create, you can add/edit/delete any players you want; but they all might not make it to the majors (could get a CEI in the minors, just not live up to potential, etc). You can probably force them to get there, but if left completely up to the game, it's never 100% guaranteed.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote