View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #14
mking55
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetana View Post
I think your post is fair and well-considered, with the exception of the quoted portion. No, you shouldn't get your money back. If your background is as you have described, you should know better than to think this way.
Two things here. The first to address your point which on the surface seems quite reasonable. My experience in our software company is that if we dumped garbage on a customer, you are correct, we didn't refund money. We did fix it to the customer's satisfaction and more often than not, gave them their next program (at the same level of work involved) free of charge. Unfortunately, you can't do that here. The ship has sailed. As I said it doesn't bother me as if I have to pay twice to get a damn fine game, I'm all in. Perhaps a refund would have been unrealistic, but some sort of "discount" on V2 would have helped public relations in my opinion.

I am a little disgusted on how quickly this thread devolved into personal attacks that has nothing to do with the topic. My point (and I did have one), is to not give up hope and if I (Mr. Miserable) can have faith, so can others. It's a game and they are trying. They screwed up, they know it, and they are trying to do it right this time. Quit jumping on them. Show a little faith.

I don't want to attack everyone who posts, but there seems to be a rather large amount of spoiled brats here online. That's a shame. I think if we "pull together" then the developers could use us as a resource and would feel more comfortable in delivering what they hope to deliver. Enough pouncing. We've heard it and you're not happy. I understand. Just shut up about it and give them a shot.