Thread: Stats Only
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #68
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc5477 View Post
I tried it... broke the game in about 6 seasons. The problem is the AI sucks the big hairy meat ball. When you set its evaluation to stats, it ends up with Willie Randolph making near the league max salary. You can alleviate this somewhat by giving AI teams more money than they can every use... but that makes playing somewhat meaningless. As a side note, I tried 0/50/30/20. Did not work well at all. The AI needs help.

If I had to do it again, id say turn off all rating scales so that you cant see them. Turn off historical rookies to make sure you have no advantages. And give yourself about half as much budget of the league average.

The bad news is that this is not realistic at all. In real life, we have some idea of talent. I mean... when a healthy guy can bench 350 lbs out of high school, you have a clue about power even if he hit no homers in his high school career. It just means he is undeveloped or had horrendous coaching or played behind the coaches favorite (usually) or an even better player who might have been more developed. Those ratings are usually not that bad.
Two things: first, you weren't doing it right (Willie Randolph?) and second, you don't really sound like you're cut out for stats only, which is of course fine,
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote