Thread: Stats Only
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2014, 09:45 PM   #66
marc5477
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn2187 View Post
So I think I'm on board with creating a Stats only league, with one caveat. I've always played Historical, and enjoy the players.

Is there some way to sprinkle some random real players into the draft each year? For example, maybe create a draft pool that has 30 rounds - a random batch of real historical players and the rest filled out by fictional?

I understand that they will not contain high school/college stats.
You can use historic rookies and there is an option that has the AI valuate the historical rookies higher to balance the things out. But after the draft... the AI has no clue. Thus you will see a lot of HOFers in FA at low prices and the AI will not pick them up. The problem is, you, a human, knows these guys are super stars, while the AI only sees stats. I actually made a request that the AI use the same custom draft filter on free agents to insure some big stars dont get undervalued. There was a season in one of my games where I had a real stupid team. Ken Griffey Jr (off a injury plagued season), Frank Thomas (after he had a so so season), Edmonds, Glavine and bunch of others (i think I had 9 or 10 super stars on that team) and none of them made much money at all. It was a laughable season and I started a new league after that.
marc5477 is offline   Reply With Quote