Thread: NFL 2019 Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 12:55 AM   #1182
thehef
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr View Post
I think I will always remember Rodgers for not diving for his fumbled snap. He just stood there and watched. That says a lot about him and his character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
I don't think there's really any comparison between the two. With Cam in the Super Bowl, he had a pretty good shot at recovering the fumble and was on his way to grabbing the ball when he jumped out of the way to - apparently - avoid contact. With Rodgers vs the 49ers, on the other hand, in looking at the reply, he was moving backwards (to execute the play) when the fumbled snap happened. He tried to change gears but at that point the ball was in the scrum of offensive & defensive linemen. It's possible, even likely, that by the time he was able to initiate forward movement, he didn't know where the ball was.

I say all this from the perspective of realizing that you guys are just goofing around with regards to previous posts. And also from the perspective that while Cam's was clearly more-questionable from a "what the heck was he thinking?" perspective, his decision not to dive after the ball was made in an instant; who knows what flashed in his mind? That one play shouldn't define his career.
thehef is offline   Reply With Quote