View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 05:39 PM   #12
Sweed
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
First I want to thank Garlon for taking the time to come here to post a reply.

As for me having park factors that are based on hits, 2b, 3b HR adds personality to each park. So yes, while a guy may only hit 3 more HRs in a season, too me, it becomes more a bout where he hit those HRs. Just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon View Post

If you are referring to starting a 2019 game in OOTP and not a historical game, then I cannot comment on those values that were put into that file as I had nothing to do with the creation of that.
This I found interesting and it makes me wonder where the 2019 park factors came from?

I import my game into each new version and continue on. It has become habit for me to import each new versions factors into my game as it covers any new stadiums and adds some fluctuations to stadiums that already exist. I did that for vXX and that is where I first noticed how generic my Cubs Wrigley field had become but.. when I looked at Yankee stadium it still had LH and RH splits for the categories.

As I looked around my league it seemed some stadiums got the "historic ratings" with no LR splits and 2b-3b set at 1.000, while others retained their old splits. I wonder why? Mistake?

In any case my answer for my game was to manually import the park factors, one stadium at a time, from my v19 game. I am now again a happy camper with stadium splits.

I do hope this gets looked at for a fix (as noted there seems to be some of both types of stadiums in vXX), if needed in vXX, and so stadium splits return to v21, for the most current season, as I do like to update them version to version as stated.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote