View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #19
VanillaGorilla
All Star Starter

All Star Break 2033

Halfway through the 2033 season, which means once the play for the year is done, the first HOF class will be inducted at the start of the 2034 preseason. I am geeked.

And, this season may be about the most fun I have had playing OOTP.

This is how I draft when running a team for the HOF leagues.

If I have a pick in the top haf of the first rd, I base all my selections on overall rating. If my first pick is in the second half of the first rd, or later, I base my picks on potential. I don't suggest this as a strategy, but it is how I give myself the fun of going through the newly available players while maintaining objectivity.

If my owner says I have a weakness at a position, I give any player an extra star that plays that position. If he says I have a slight weakness, i give an extra half star.

I give all SP an extra half star.

I subtract a half star from RPs.

Somehow I managed to have Chuck Klein fall to my 23rd pick. He was named a top 10 talent in each of the pre draft mailings. Glad to get him, especially since I did have a slight weakness in RF.

He spent the better part of 2 months on the DL, but right now, I have only 1 player (John Valentin, out for another month) injured. Using very high injuries I have come to expect the average number of players (median, mean, or mode) to be 5 per team.

I had a bunch of injuries early, but my fill ins played admirably and kept me out of the cellar. Now I am 10 games out of the div lead and 2 1/2 out of the WC while other teams have typical sized laundry lists of injured players. This is exciting.

But I am actually more excited of putting in the first class. That should be anywhere from a day to 3 days off.
VanillaGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote