View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #1
jbgamer33
Bat Boy

Newbie Questions

Just took advantage of the summer sale and purchased FHM4 and I'm looking forward to learning the ropes.

I should mention that I've never played a hockey sim and of the four major sports hockey is the one I watch and know about the least. Being from Central Illinois I have become more of a hockey fan due to the recent success of the Blackhawks over the past several years. My normal tabletop gaming is Strat-O-Matic on the PC.

FHM4 appears to be a great product, but I have to admit it looks intimidating when you get into it. So, my questions are;
- How are the results calculated? In other words what is the game engine that drives them?
- What would be the suggested "basic" and "easy" way to get going with a particular season? In other words if I want to start by playing a recent Blackhawks season what is the best way to dive in without having too much to pay attention to?
- As mentioned I'm not fully aware of best strategies, etc..when it comes to hockey. I do see you can let the AI set your lines, is this best when starting? How about in game changes other than line changes? What do I look for?

Any other suggestions, tips, or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance, I'm sure there are others who have been in the same situation as me (I hope).
jbgamer33 is offline   Reply With Quote