View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 09:44 PM   #34
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFIL73 View Post
You could always have switched the league abbreviations in the database, but you had to designate NL or AL. If you have a separate AA, UA or PL it didn't matter. You could have had those teams auto populate in the NL and move them to the correct league. It would have been a great short cut for the creation of those leagues, but manually creating and deleting teams in the NL and AA in say 1887 was never seemingly a big deal. Of course I don't play an AA league as a subleague in the National League. It is a whole separate entity. Same for a UA and PL leagues.
I suppose to make it attractive to new players the AA would have to be created as that subleague within the NL. It would simplify things, agreed, as all AA teams would be designated as AL teams in the database. The players would load to their correct teams, but the as-played schedules would have to be redesigned as both leagues played a different number of games for a number of years.

Its not just getting the teams but getting the rookies to import on the correct teams that i like.. It may have been in 17 but i wasn't able to get it to work.
I had to use the old trick of editing the batting, pitching, and fielding csv files. Back then you had to change the league abbreviations or you would get the teams but not the players.
Im just glad it works.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote