View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 11:20 PM   #1
mking55
All Star Starter

I'll go out on a limb here

First of all, these are just my opinions, worthwhile or useless as you see fit to classify them.

I was so pumped (as many were) that a historical hockey game was coming out. I couldn't believe it. It was my game wet dream come true.

Then the game. IMO, a piece of garbage. I had respect for Sebastian and Malte because I was somewhat familiar with their work and how they responded to customers. As for Jeff (is he still alive), I wasn't impressed with him although I admit I could be wrong as I don't know enough about him.

The game was not garbage do to lack of effort. Sometimes when you write software that you think will be brilliant it turns into doggy-doo. I've written thousands of programs, many of which I thought were the "bees knees", but they were garbage. Did I want to produce garbage? No. I was writing for customers who were paying big bucks for our software.

I think they just blew it. It happens. I'm sure an in-depth review could point out the errors and I'm sure I could have helped (no one asked me) to keep the ideas and possibilities coming. I think the garbage we got was not through any lack of effort, and let's face it, anyone can make a mistake.

This "new" version is taking forever. However, I won't die waiting. I'd love to have it on my computer now, but I don't. My children won't go hungry, my house will still stand, there will still be food on the table. It's a game.

I have faith in the developers that they are embarrassed and do not want to repeat the same mistakes. I think this has been a HUGE learning experience for them and hopefully that knowledge will translate into a great game. If it doesn't, I won't die. If it does, I'm thrilled. I have faith in these lads because I get the feeling they have self-respect and they don't want to let themselves down.

Should we get our money back? Yes. However, it doesn't kill me that we don't. I just contributed towards development costs and if it takes 2 tries and twice as much money to get a good hockey game, I won't be crying. I will be cheering.

I'm sure they have no intention of letting anything out before they feel it's almost 100% ready. (Nothing is ever 100% ready). I believe their hearts are in the right places and even more than you and I, they want this to be the greatest sim since sliced bread (and the sliced bread sim was great). I suggest no pressure from us, the ugly masses. I'm sure when it's ready they'll be anxious to get it out the door. I'm willing to forget this garbage that was V1 and everyone has a fresh start.

C'mon, is that so bad? They seem like nice kids (I'm older), and I think they deserve a fair and honest chance, and when they feel they have something to be proud of, they'll release it.