Thread: United Kingdom
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
archibalduk
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by block15blaze View Post
All EIHL players have the same wage of 1k.

It is possible to sign any EIHL player from another team simply by offering a contract.

The majority of free players that I signed accepted 1k (I couldn't increase or decrease this amount) this includes ex NHLers.
The difficulty with the UK leagues is that contract details are kept secret except for contract length (as are contract details for virtually all Euro leagues). Additionally some players, such as many of the non-import Slough Jets IIRC, pay to play rather than have a salary per se. So it's going to be difficult to replicate the UK contract system in game - particularly the additional benefits EIHL teams offer such as university sponsorship, free rent, etc. So the best we can do is make a best guess (similarly with regards to the team finances) and try to ensure that the richer clubs (such as Nottingham and Sheffield) generally have the higher contracts.

At present, contract details have not been set in the UK leagues (non-NHL contracts are all 100% random in length, salary and conditions). This is because the Editor doesn't allow me to enter just the contract length - a salary has to be entered for each year. I suggested a while back to the devs that the contract length setting should be independent of the salary details. Hopefully this is something that can be implemented sooner rather than later so that I can get the contract lengths input.

As for the salaries, these are auto-generated by the game. Previously the salaries were way too high (around about NHL level) and so I dropped the league finance settings a bit. I'm not sure why it has dropped that low. Once we're allowed to update the league finances settings again, I'll take a look.

Quote:
Free agents list takes a while to populate and often crashes the game.
You'll need to report that as a bug via the crashes forum: FHM - Beta Bug Reports - OOTP Developments Forums

Quote:
Free agents show no attribute ratings (prefer an option to mask these attributes if scouting is to be used to also be used to reveal them)
This is not UK specific. You'll need to post that in the beta forum as a suggestion/annoyance: FHM - Public Beta Test - OOTP Developments Forums

Quote:
Players on EIHL rosters are generally on 1 or max 2 year contracts in real life. Currently a lot of players are showing as being on 4 year deals. 10 year contracts can be offered and are happily accepted.
Please see my first comment in this post.

Quote:
No 'out of game' history for EIHL players.
We haven't entered player career histories yet. It's the lowest priority (rating players and keeping rosters and teams up to date are our priorities).

Quote:
No indication of what penalties are given for during the match day or on the match report.
This is not UK specific. You'll need to post that in the beta forum as a suggestion/annoyance (but keep in mind that this is a beta and it's probably something that'll be added in due course): FHM - Public Beta Test - OOTP Developments Forums

EDIT: Thanks Alessandro! Seems we both responded at the same time.

Last edited by archibalduk; 03-05-2013 at 03:03 PM.