View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 11:37 AM   #68
<Pion>
All Star Starter

It will be interesting to see how things play out. To me, it seems like fools gold to go after a player that gets a ratings increase (after the increase), so I can't imagine buying a Rendon or a Bellinger at this time. I don't see Bellinger reaching Perfect level unless he continues red hot for the whole season, so really you're only left with the possibilities that his stats go back to his norm and he drops back down to gold, or he maintains the level of play (which usually does not happen for guys off to hot starts) and he stays at the diamond level (in which case people might not buy him anyway as they remember what he used to cost). In Rendon's case, keeping up his torrid start would keep him at Perfect level, but players in his situation would be ripe for the drop down to Diamond once his stat line normalizes.

If I wanted a Rendon, I would never buy him at this time, and if I did have him I might put him on the AH to test the waters, but would sell him in a quick sell the moment the stats start to drop (if not sooner).
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote