View Single Post
Old 01-26-2019, 05:59 PM   #132
stealofhome
Hall Of Famer

1905 Where Are They Now?

5 years into the league I'm starting a feature to look 5 years in the past and see where some of the interesting players have gone. The first couple might be a little more difficult due to all the name changes in this first generation of players.

Top Prospects:
Yago Pimentel (Apsuhomya Prusko) - I covered him a little bit in the free agency post, but he has had the stereotypical top-pitching-prospect-turned-injured career. He is still listed as having 80 potential, but his injury list is so long it has a scroll bar on my computer. The biggest ones:

Shoulder inflammation, 8 weeks; Torn UCL, 13 months; Sore shoulder, 3 weeks; Back spasms, 2 weeks; Sprained elbow, 2 weeks; Back tightness, 2 weeks; Recurring back spasms, 6 weeks; Shoulder inflammation, 6 months; Shoulder tendinitis, 8 weeks; Oblique strain, 4 weeks; Mild shoulder strain, 3 weeks; Mild shoulder strain, 2 weeks; Ulnar nerve entrapment, 2 months.

Every time I get an email about his next injury I expect it to be a career ender. He is only 25 years old but has the body of a 90 year old.

Career MLB stats: 79 games, 73 BB, 229 K, 14 WAR

Manny Orduno (Hai-Liang Suhara) - The overall top hitting prospect in 1900 is also a free agent this offseason and he has had only one serious injury which caused him to miss 14 weeks. He has made two all-star teams and won 3 silver slugger awards.

Career MLB stats: 3978 PA, .343 wOBA, 122 wRC+, -28.2 ZR, 16.4 WAR

Award Winners:
Chris O'Brien - After winning the AL MVP and Rookie of the Year, he was not able to keep growing his success. He has had a couple injuries that have hampered his career but is still performing well, just not at the MVP level. He is currently a free agent.

Career MLB Stats: 3164 PA, .338 wOBA, 117 wRC+, 96.9 ZR, 25.5 WAR

Tim O'Neill - The 1900 NL MVP dropped even further off the map. He had nearly half the production in 1901 and continued to drop until finally this year which he spent playing for the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs in the Atlantic League. He recently signed a contract with the Long Island Ducks for 1906.

Career MLB Stats: 2600 PA, .331 wOBA, 106 wRC+, 1.9 ZR

Dana Clavez - The AL Rookie of the Year has had a solid MLB career and is one of the league's best base stealers.

Career MLB Stats: 3637 PA, .328 wOBA, 111 wRC+, 63.3 ZR

Draftees:
Josh Fowler - The first overall draft pick in 1900 is the Giants starting catcher and has made the past two all-star games and won a silver slugger award.

Career MLB stats: 2269 PA, .309 wOBA, 103 wRC+, 7.8 ZR, 14.0 WAR

Other:
Bernaldino Loma (Louis-Alexandre Darger) - He threw the first pitch in MLB history and is still doing well. He has a solid career, though most likely one that will fall short of the hall of fame. Last year he signed with the Dodgers after spending 5 seasons with the Marlins.

Career MLB stats: 209 G, 390 BB, 724 K, 31.6 WAR

Zaire Isabell - Pitched the first no-hitter in MLB history. He is still pitching with the Dodgers and having a solid career.

Career MLB stats: 188 G, 399 BB, 441 K, 16.4 WAR
stealofhome is offline   Reply With Quote