View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003, 12:32 PM   #82
eddiemunster
Bat Boy

With the understanding that this is not the "official" wishlist thread (clicking the link on page 1 gives me an "Internal Server Error") here are a couple of additions that would be of great help to me:

1. The ability to auto-generate one lineup or depth chart at a time, as opposed to all at once.

2. More detail at the "Transactions" page. It would be helpful to see at bats, OPS, innings pitched, and WHIP to determine promotions/demotions/drops.

3. From the minor league lineup or pitching staff page, having the ability promote/demote/release a player would be nice without having to go back and forth from the transactions page.

4. One step further would be the ability to promote/demote/release a player from the roster page or even at the individual player's page.

5. At the transactions page, time could be saved when a new season begins if statistics from the previous season could be viewed to determine p/d/r (similar to option on the roster page.)

6. During free agent signings, some of the players I have made an offer to will invariably receive a better offer from another team. If I could then right-click on that player directly to increase my offer, that would save time over having to search through the entire list of free agents all over again.

7. When signing free agents or trading players, I would like the option of assigning these players to a specific roster at the time of signing/trading instead of combing through the rosters and moving players around afterwards.

8. Would it be possible to include all players by position in the depth chart when auto-generating? I have a backup shortstop who is made to be the DH when I auto-gen, but as a result, he does not show up in the shortstop depth slot.

9. Would it be possible to allow the user to set a default for position players and pitchers that, when clicking on a player's name, will send you directly to their career stats page?

10. Would it be possible to add to the roster page, an option that will display a composite career stats page for all players?

11. I would like to see a team page similar to www.baseball-reference.com where the complete history is listed, including W-L records by year, along with team leaders by season. Clicking on a given year would take you into a more comprehensive page for that season, including individual statistics. Clicking on a player would then take you to his personal page. I think some of this is done in the league almanac, but the format seems like it could be streamlined more.

Please know that if none of these modifications were ever made, this would still be the most in-depth, statistical simulation for a career ever made (my 9th grade English teacher would shoot me if she saw what I just typed.)

Thanks to all who put their blood, sweat and tears into making this game what it is.