View Single Post
Old 05-21-2003, 07:27 AM   #19
Night2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally posted by Eugene Church
OOTPB needs to have all of the basic, everyday plays in it.
(I just got OOTP5...so my apology if some of the following have been included).

No one ever drops a throw...drops a foul fly...RF/LF3B/SS never catch foul flies...2B/SS do not have unassisted putouts at second on grounders or unassisted double plays on line drives...C/IF never drops an infield fly...no errors on bunts...rarely is anyone thrown out trying to stretch a single to a double or triple to a home run...no ground rule double bouncing into the stands...no option to play the "infield in" AND "outfield in" when the winning run is on third...can't steal or hit-and-run with 2 strikes...and can't steal home.

Not enough double plays involving the catchers...P or Infielder to home to 1B double plays...and strikeout, followed by out while attempting to steal a base. The game seems to have only 33% of catcher DP's when compared to Major League Baseball.

I play a lot of my games out play-by-play. Adding these basic plays would add to the enjoyment of an already great game.

I would also like more variety in play results text.

Thanks, Henry for starting this thread. I know you will get some great ideas for improving the game.
Totally Agree with this post. I've been saying the PBP needs major improvement since OOTP3. Soon we will be at OOTP6. I still can't believe more features are being added, and the basics are being neglected. Work on the PBP, news stories, stats, and more strategy options, before adding more eye candy and other frivolous features. Then again it seems like a lot of people here like to sim their games, and pretend that OOTP is playing a realistic game of baseball.

This post has the Al Bundy and Homer Simpson stamp of approval!
Night2000 is offline   Reply With Quote