Thread: StatsLab11
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #84
fhomess
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killebrew View Post
"StatsLab settings now stored in the DB rather than flat files on your server" unfortunately reduces the functionality of the email list feature of statslab. The flat file format did not have any char limit, but now there is a limit of 255 characters. To give an idea on what kind of limitation that is, an email list size for a 30 team league would generally be about 900-1000 characters.

MySQL related question: I don't see any char length limits in any of the PHP code - couldn't I simply increase the size of my varchar field in the MySQL DB to make a long email list work? I'm used to working with Oracle but I would assume MySQL allows large char fields. I'm hesitant to try this now in case I break something during an active draft, but I'll experiment with this after the current draft.
Yes, this should work just fine. Depending on your version of MySQL, you may need to change the type of the field to something that can handle larger character limits, but it won't affect the functionality of StatsLab to change the field type, either.

Last edited by fhomess; 09-14-2010 at 11:35 AM.
fhomess is offline   Reply With Quote