View Single Post
Old 12-08-2007, 02:45 PM   #99
magnet
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anisoptera View Post
You know, I'd be complaining right along with you if it was not online league compatible with 2007, but it is. If it wasn't then people whose leagues upgraded would be forced to upgrade too just to stay in the league when the other improvements really were not worth it. But this isn't the same as 6.5.

What you have here is an option to get slightly more at a pretty low price. If you still don't feel it's worth it then you're not going to lose out on playing in your favourite online league by not buying. You're just going to lose out on some stuff that you probably don't care much about anyway.

I could however see a bit of a point if someone felt that, as I do, if you buy a game that you shouldn't have to buy anymore for it for a year. That is, it should be supported with patches and what not for at least that time period. If that is where you're coming from then I hear ya. But as long as the fixes aren't critical and can easily be gone without, I can't argue with the measely charge for the new stuff.

As for the complaining about the SION stuff (not by you), give me a break. I'm sure I speak for most when I say thank you for not wasting your time on it and instead spending it on other stuff. IIRC, it was battists who even came out weeks ago and said not all the references to SI would be taken out and I'm pretty sure the main one complaining about this did participate in that thread so he must have known.

Finally, if any SI people are reading this I'd just like to say thanks so much for your contribution to the game. 6.5 was a great game, but IMO OOTP is so much better off for what you guys gave to it. It's style might not be for everyone by I for one like a great deal about it.

As an online league commisioner, would I not be doing my league members a disservice by using a buggier version of the game to sim with? Minor or not, all bugfixes should be available for free. I support 100% the idea of paying for new features (whether or not I personally would buy is irrelevant), but the game should still be supported whether we bought it in august or december.
magnet is offline   Reply With Quote