View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 04:56 PM   #45
Argonaut
All Star Starter

1980 END OF REGULAR SEASON

The Texas Rangers have cruised to another division title, this time with the team sporting a 104-58 record. I'm happy with the changes we made and that it led to a more "normal" record. But winning is still fun!

Interesting development in that we'll be facing the Milwaukee Brewers in the playoffs for the first time. Previously we won two rounds against the Red Sox, and lost two against the Orioles. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes against a new opponent.

Also interesting in the NL is that the New York Mets have become a powerhouse this year. They picked up Rick Burleson who we left to free agency, and they also are still using Billy Sample who we sent over in the Matlack trade. They also hold Julio Franco who I'm targeting as a future Rangers acquisition. Ken Singleton seems to be having a career year and is outplaying his ratings, and Steve Carlton and Don Sutton highlight their pitching staff.

In the NL playoffs, the Mets will face the Dodgers, who have George Brett which is strange to see. I suspect they'll be a few oddities like that in my universe... even though players go to their drafted franchise, anything can happen after that of course.

One of these 4 teams will be the winner of the first World Series of the 1980s decade!
Attached Images
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote