View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 01:45 PM   #2
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

it's about the amount of money, not the percentage.

e.g. 50% of 2million will not help as much as 50% of 4million. so, ignore the %'s.

you want to find various threshold of dollar amounts that work well. this will be relative to baseline scouting budget -- how it's broken up for a 'baseline' in each is up for guesstimation.

For your context, i'd be dumping as much as i can into MiL scouting, if that's where the majority of your players come from. I'd do that after figuring out what "enough" is for teh other 2-3 budgets. (see below, about 2 or 3).

other things to consider:

accuracy is a different animal in each category. MLB accuracy doesn't take as much to be "good." they are a more known quantity, and this is the modeled effect of that.

MiL accuracy is influenced by either level, years of pro service, or more likely some combination of the two.

no matter how much you dump into MiL scouting, or anything else, it's not going to make it 100% clear. there will be a ceiling and a clear diminishing returns at some point... trial and error to figure that out... and sometimes dumping excess money into it regardless of diminishing returns is still worth it.

e.g. if you have 'enough' in mlb and amatuer scouting, dumping all the rest into mil scouting probably isn't a negative. i focus on mil scouting too, but with a maxed scouting budget i keep anywhere from 5-6M in mlb scouting. i put a lot into amauer, but i favor MiL all the same.

if you have no international leagues active, do not put any money into international scouting. IFA that are generated without those leagues active and IAFA are part of MLB and amatuer scouting, respectively. (unless that was changed this release, should still be true)

it's money totals relative to baselines that will determine how much the budget helps -- all other things remaining the same, like scout ability. Don't pick a value based on a %, that's got an extra level of confusion attached to it to translate. use the more fundamental measurement.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote