View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 08:22 AM   #14
joefromchicago
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB930 View Post
This is exactly how I do it, and honestly, I think it makes the most sense. For the US, I have 9 separate namesets, each with their own unique, permanent ethnicity ID (1870-1909, 1910-1929, 1930-1949, 1950-1969, 1970-1995, 1996-present, Negro Leagues, African American 1970-1999, African American 2000-present). When it comes time to transition from one set to the next, I just go into the nation editor and change the drop-down. Not only does it work, but it's quick and simple, too.

I've actually been doing it this way for several versions now. The only difference this year is that I don't have to sacrifice something like Polynesian to get my new namesets in, and I can give them all the correct names, and don't have to keep a list anymore to remember that "Azerbaijani" is actually US 1930-1949...
You've certainly done some impressive work - I'll have to use your list as a template for my own modded xml file. But as is evident from your list, you've added some of the namesets that Dogzilla has posted in just the last few weeks. Now that we have the ability to add unlimited namesets, I expect a lot more name mods to be added, and I'd be surprised if you didn't want to add some or all of them to a league that you're currently running. That's where we're apparently running into a problem - if the re-import names/ethnicities function doesn't work, then you can't add new names/ethnicities to an existing league. And that's definitely a problem.
joefromchicago is offline   Reply With Quote