View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #20
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev View Post
Getch -- we're not getting any stats or team stats in the Last Sim page. Link for ya:

Sim Results

What do you need from me?
Weird. Zip up the csv files and put them in a place on your server I can download them.

Quote:
When creating an import from the draft utility, does it create a new draft.csv file to import? I am asking because it does not seem to be creating any new file . Thanks!

Edit: I created my own draft.csv with some vi and python foo, but I'd like to know what the create import uses and then ultimately produces.
Ah yes, I meant to write a small blurb on the draft import/export in the original post. Here's the full story:

In OOTP 13, Markus added the ability to import and export the draft from the game. In theory, you should be able to export the draft order into OU, run the draft, and then when it is done, import it back to the game.

However, it's not quite that simple. In the new version, OU will allow you to import the draft order from OOTP (this is the draft.csv that the game generates). The only caveat here is that if you import the draft this way, you will lose the history of any traded picks... meaning, if team A traded a pick to team B, you will no longer see "Team B (from Team A)" in the draft utility. If you don't allow traded picks, then you don't need to worry about this. If you do allow traded picks, and you want to preserve this history, then generate the draft the old way, by setting the order in OU and clicking generate.

However, OU does *not* support importing the draft back into OOTP when it is done. The issue here is with how Markus implemented it: The entire draft has to be imported... you cannot just import the first 3 rounds and let OOTP automate the rest. If you only import the first 3 rounds, then the draft lasts only 3 rounds and all the other players are tossed into the FA pool.

We tried to get Markus to change this, but he didn't have the time (this was one of the features I was hoping would be in the first patch). I didn't want to implement something that could possibly cause an entire draft to go haywire if not done just perfectly. If Markus fixes this in the future, I will add in an import-back-to-game option.

Let me know if that makes sense.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote