View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 06:19 AM   #1
Gazelle
Bat Boy

Auto-Draft Rosters odd

Hi. I realize I'm trying to play this game very different as to how it was meant to be, (all financials off, no scouting, no injuries, no trades, etc.) I just have a 12 team fictional league (2 leagues w/ 2 divisions of 3 teams each) no minors at all, and just want to play a 120 game season out controlling one team.

I went to the trouble of creating 300 fictional 90 x 135 photos complete with the fictional names, and planned to auto-draft, then in Commissioner Mode go in and edit each player on each team accordingly.

All went well, but what surprised me is that, for example, the team I plan to manage through the season's roster had 15 pitchers and only 10 position players. (2 Catchers and 1 each of the others) I'm quite sure that during the creation process, I set it for 4-man rotation, Number of relievers -7 & Number of position players -14, for a total of 25. Considering it's a DH league, the team the AI drafted would leave me with 1 position player on the bench?

So, even though it'd be a bit cumbersome, is my best option to actually go through the draft pick by pick for each team to ensure that kind of standard roster? I guess what I'm asking is what's the easiest way to make the rosters 14 position players (8 starters, DH, 1 backup catcher, 2 backup IF & 2 backup OF) and 11 pitchers (4 starters, 2 long relievers, 3 middle relievers, 1 setup and 1 closer).

Thx

Last edited by Gazelle; 06-24-2015 at 05:31 AM.
Gazelle is offline   Reply With Quote