View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
BaseballMan
Hall Of Famer

You do know that team progression can be automatic? Even if you chhose not to follow history it can still be automatic.
The purpose of human managers for me is to prevent the computer from signing and releasing players. So I thought why not just use historical manager names.

The way I have it setup the teams match history. Rookies come in automatically to the team they played for in real history. I make sure I use as played schedules. So all I have to worry about is transactions.
Well if I retire player John Doe I dont have to worry about his missing seasons because he should be on the unretire list.
Retire list
John Doe 05/22/1881 Chi

Unretirement list
John Doe 07/04/1886 Det
I think that is something the game could automate if we made the list. I had the NA done
but I lost it when I wiped my hard drive. The game does missing seasons but I dont think it
would put players on the correct teams.
As far as settings I agree with low injuries but if we made a startup for each league we would to decide on the settings then.
I also have logos from justafan that automatically change for each team. Of course for the 19th century they may not be historically correct since logos were few back then. I tried to keep it simple like the ones they did have. No fancy ones. If anyone else has some i wouldnt mind comparing it to what I have. But in the end logos I think would be an optional thing.
BaseballMan is offline   Reply With Quote