View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #2
WFIL73
Minors (Single A)

Where to begin?
I manually add and subtract teams.

I don't have human managers for any teams, but I constantly have transactions on and off through out the season. What about players who are "missing" the season. I have that option turned off and make them injured for 365 days every Jan. 1. Drawback? They can become injured career-ending injuries. The computer would sign players skipping a season or two so I "fixed" that problem.

For all player-managers I have retired that player, made them a coach and unretired them. My teams only have managers and maybe a bench coach. That's it. There are no managers in League Personnel. This made unwanted firings almost nonexistent. Why fire someone when there is no one to replace them? It does happen, but once or twice every 15 years.

Only my National League gets the database load. The UA, PL and especially the AA just sign their rookies as free agents. This means you really have to pay attention when the seasons end for each league. When the NL ends new players come in so I have to have all transactions off. And when the AA ends fictional free agents come in so they have to be deleted before finishing a day.

Injuries are on, but on very low.

Suspensions are on, but I've hardly had any.

More often than not I have players retire as in real life.

Do I make it more difficult? Probably, but that's how I do it.
Do I do this every time? No.

This took a lot of trial and error, but it seems to work for me anyway.
WFIL73 is offline   Reply With Quote