View Single Post
Old 04-19-2015, 07:01 PM   #3
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

thanks for the feedback... I noticed that thing with the country as well (showing Uganda or Vatican City instead of what I expected). I'll have to tinker with it and see what's causing it (sometimes it shows up like that, other times when I load it, it displays the correct info).

For the name file, I kept having issues with all sorts of non GoT names showing up, so I just deleted the entire names file and replaced it with only the GoT names that I pulled from the wiki site. I ran a test league (with just the 30 ML level teams in the main league) and it seemed to work as expected (simmed 30 seasons and nothing out of the ordinary yet with names); but perhaps the other leagues are pulling in odd stuff. I'll look into it.

edit: on the names in the lower leagues.... I'm thinking those 1% of "Earth" nationality players are in there since I added on the new league after creating the main one (so I had to modify that player-creation % factor after the new league was created, and that 1% popped in for the inaugural draft). I would expect that subsequent drafts will be strictly a 98% Westeros / 2% Essos nationality, as set in the league criteria.

"1. Westeros has "Central Uganda", "Western Uganda", and "Vatican City" areas. Perhaps they share an ID with the actual areas? Essos might have that issue too...there are locational areas in Essos (I saw Northern, Central, Eastern, and Western...no Southern, though) but they're not mentioned in the list of areas when you explore the nation."

bingo... just searched the world.xml file and found more city and state IDs than expected. (The thread I browsed to learn about editing the database/etc had cutoff numbers, but it's obviously out of date with the current file).

For anyone looking to add fictional states/cities/etc, the last city entry is 91037; and the last state entry is 3397; so just make sure your fictional entries are past that.

Last edited by stl jason; 04-19-2015 at 08:41 PM.
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote