View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #260
TBPauly
Minors (Single A)

I also made the v11 to v13 jump...was playing 11 up until the day before I got 13.

A much slicker game. Very impressed with the random debut feature.

(Although: one piece of advice, only set up ONE minor league with it if you start in the 1900's, or else the game will run thru the 18,000 players in the history of MLB at a faster clip, and I'd imagine you'd run out of players before getting to the present day.)

Also tried the current rosters. Always like to do my first run managing a AAA team to try and break into the majors the following year. Found that the weather hadn't been set for a few PCL teams, but that's easily fixable.

Interface is a bit harder on the eyes (or at least mine) since v11, as other posters mentioned.

Would love to see OOTP work on a ballpark database for a future version as it does with players and teams. Say you want to put your fantasy team to use the park factors Shea Stadium in 1975, hit a few buttons, poof, you're there. Or Sportsman's Park in 1926. Or an all-time average of Sportsman's Park.

But all in all, it's a step in the right direction, which is all anyone can ask...
TBPauly is offline   Reply With Quote