View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #19
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster Cherry View Post
That's reasonably close. I don't live in Tennessee but I do live in an area where there are a lot of Vol fans and they are all the most obnoxious a-holes you'll ever meet in your life. Plus, I detest the color orange which should be reserved for convicts picking up trash on the side of the road.
You've obviously never dealt with Florida fans in mass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Thanks. This resonates with something I read about Kirk Herbstreit that I linked to in that thread: "Herbstreit and family moved from his home in Ohio in 2011 because of harassment by vocal Ohio State fans accusing him of directly criticizing his alma mater. Herbstreit was quoted as saying 'It's the vocal minority that make it rough. They probably represent 5 to 10% of the fan base but they are relentless.'"

It's sad, really, because it has to do with the dumbing down of life and the uncivilizing of society. I scarcely think that this type of behavior is unique of Tennessee fans, or Ohio State fans, or any others that you may name. College and high school sports should be put back in their place and people should be kind and considerate to each other. Root for your team, yes, but stop this rabid hatred, victory at all costs, no holds barred stuff.

Sure, and Meg Ryan should have married me when I telepathically asked her to, way back when.
You failed to mention where Herby moved to...…………...yep, that's right. Tennessee.
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote