View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 11:03 PM   #25
neugey
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzycat View Post

That's a thing of beauty. And mostly the guys lower down just have less games. Also fittingly, the Balancers aren't leading the league in anything, or anywhere close. But they also aren't trailing the league in anything. The "no weaknesses" idea does seem to be playing out that way so far.

After getting destroyed in the entry pool, I have tried my hand at a more sabermetric style and I'm seeing some similar results. Bronze Role players in the lower half of the lineup are overachieving - CF Tapia is hitting .304 with a 2.4 WAR, RF Reddick has been Mr. Clutch for my team with a 2.5 WAR over just 85 games and my super-sub Marwin Gonzalez has been wonderful with .284/14/47 and a 1.9 WAR. The RBI's are really spread around a lot.

I'm in control of my division and should easily make promotion and perhaps hold on for the playoffs. But I'm reluctant to give too much credit to sabermetric ball because the competition is simply not the same as it was toward the end of entry pool.

Still, my opinion of traditional lineups is going down a lot. A lot has to go right to get the #1 and/or #2 men on base and have #3 and #4 hit 'em home or go yard. It very rarely works out that way, particularly in OOTP. You might as well get your prime guys in the #1 and #2 spots and put the pressure on the opponent from the get-go in a more sabermetric manner.

PBA - Cincinnati Reds
MLM - Baltimore Orioles

Last edited by neugey; 03-29-2019 at 11:04 PM.
neugey is offline   Reply With Quote