View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 01:05 PM   #61
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
Apropos of nothing, I suppose, I'll go on record here and state that I like the recent trade the Yanks made (Diehl for Tauchman). Diehl looked great this spring, but with Hicks playing his annual gig on the IL, the Yanks needed depth in the OF. In addition, Tauchman kinda has the same late bloomer vibe about him that Luke Voigt had last year. He's a big, strong, very athletic outfielder who really came into his own last year at AAA. He's seemingly trending upwards.

That said, it's tough not to feel a little bad for Tyler Wade. He had an excellent spring and certainly played well enough to make the club. Barring the injury to Hicks, he probably does make the club. Wade is highly versatile, but he's more of a utility infielder than outfielder. He's just not what the Yanks need right now as they head north. Of course, that will certainly change as the season progresses.
Apparently the lack of outfield experience was what did Wade in. But why Tauchman was so much better an alternative is a bit puzzling to me. Late bloomer, indeed; he needs to bloom a bit at age 28 with a career BA of .153 (including 3 hits in 32 ABs last year, .094!).

Wade was not happy, to say the least:

Tyler Wade rightfully furious over roster demotion

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote