View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 11:32 AM   #1
BleedCubbieBlue12
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Newbie needing some help.

Hey guys!

A couple of questions ..

New to this all, and just wondering how you guys play your games at the very beginning..

Do you guys play every game or sim through a lot of it until key games?

When playing a game, first question is; batting.. Is there a lot of difference in taking a pitch, rather than just doing "swing away" every time, or hitting the space bar to auto the at bat? Any info on that would be great.

With Pitching; There's Pitch at, Pitch around, Pitch to contact.. now, in my eyes,
  • Pitch around would be used on main hitters, like power hitters?
  • Pitch at is just a general pitch
  • Pitch to contact would be if people are on base, say first base and you want to turn a double play, is that right? Info on that would be amazing too..

And just a few more things (sorry I'm a pain);

I had a season underway, but I am going to start a new one as I have a few queries and things I want to change/try..

• With my 25 man roster and 40 man roster, if I have a guy who is coming off of the DL, and I want to put him into the active roster, is there a way to take a guy from the 25 man active roster and just keep him in the 40 man roster, to be able to make room for said player coming off of the DL?
  • How does the MiL work with their ratings (Say people have a prospect rating of 5 stars and they're currently only on one/two stars) and they're either in AAA or AA and they're around 18-21 years old, how do you get their ratings up closer to their potential?
  • Any way to get the best out of your star players, eg, Bryant, Rizzo, Baez for the Cubs?
Anything else you think a Newbie like myself would find extremely useful would be appreciated too.

Sorry for the rather long post, if you guys could help with even one of the questions asked, I'd be very grateful.

Regards,
Nick.
BleedCubbieBlue12 is offline   Reply With Quote