Thread: NCAA Universe
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 06:41 PM   #27
jtnlange
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
Age min and maxes are not setup to work 100% correctly Im' afraid. If you read the manual the AI will only enforce them at the end of the season which works great for feeder leagues but that doesnt' nothing to stop the aI manager from signing or drafting players that are not in the age ranges. The trick is you have to have a closed system that does not allow for outside FAs AND you have to have all team mangers controlled by empty human managers. Closing off the AI to outside FAs will solve teams signing players older than 22 however they will still want to sign FAs from within the league made up of players that have aged out but still hang around the league so you have to have human managers to prevent that but still allow the AI to manage the team lineups which is critical. For your human coaches you have to have it setup where the "human" signs players but the AI takes care of the team maintenance or else you'll have very weak teams because of lineup/pitching rotation issues. This takes care of the FA problem.

As for the draft, I have my player created range as 18-18. This means only 18 year olds are created each year for the draft. After the first draft or two you'll start seeing older players show up in the draft. This is not because the AI created them they are players who were previousy created, not drafted, and then hang around and show up again. I delete them a few days before the draft occurs (you have to do this before the actual draft) when I look at my draft pool. This does not hurt the numbers since the AI replaces them with new 18 year olds on draft day. I have confirmed this.

After a lot of trial and error my ncaa league runs as smooth as a new baseball just taken out of its box and it requires little to no maintenance.
I have never had an issue with older players showing up in my college feeder league. How are you creating it? I create it through the league I want not as its own league. I think that may be where you are having an issue.

Trevor L

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
jtnlange is offline   Reply With Quote