View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 11:32 PM   #97
thorpegiovanni
All Star Reserve

Challenge a friend for an head-to-head exhibition game with your team from your solo league.
Positive: Easy to set up, quick action
Negative: No real reward, cheating is easily possible by editing players
Not interested.

Play head-to-head games in an online league
Positive: Good immersion, games mean something
Negative: Only the first game for a sim period (i.e. 7 days) would be playable, so commishes would have to sim & post league files day-by-day if users want to play out every game. Timing issue (in real life I even have problems meeting friends for a coffee, how likely is it that users in online leagues find the right time to meet and play?)
Not interested, because having a commish posting league files day-by-day is too much work.

Something like FIFA's Ultimate Team or MLB The Show's Diamond Dynasty mode
Positive: Great immersion, a new play mode (collect player cards and set up your team with them, card packs can be purchased or unlocked via achievements), no cheating easily possible, can challenge & play against strangers or friends via matchmaking, user teams can take part in automated league play
Negative: Lots of development work, success depends on number of users playing this mode
Slightly interested. Never been a big fan of the system, but an Ultimate-Team/Fantasy game mode if done correctly is a fantastic way to get to know other players. I would surely try it out.
thorpegiovanni is offline   Reply With Quote