so49as
Major Leagues

Game 131 – September 2
5 – Chicago
3 – Royals

WP – Danny Darwin (3-2)
LP – Bud Black (8-11)
SV – Bob James (26)

Danny Darwin must not have much stamina because right after giving up his first hit in the 6th inning, the Chicago manager pulled him. He was pitching on 3 days rest.

The White Sox rolled to a 3-0 lead before Sundberg was able to get to reliever Gene Nelson for his 6th home run of the year, a 2-run dinger.

Holland gave up 2 insurance runs in the 9th, and we couldn't come back. Brett had the night off, but I brought him in to pinch hit in the 9th. He hit an RBI double, but not enough.

Game 132 – September 3
4 – Chicago
7 – Royals

WP – Danny Jackson (6-5)
LP – Randy St. Claire (1-1)
SV – Dan Quisenberry (26)

I actually felt the season slipping away in the 4th inning. The White Sox had jumped out to a 4-1 lead and I was losing faith. But we turned it around and tied it in the 4th, with the highlight being a Jorge Orta single that drove in Brett and Cooper. We then scratched some insurance in the 6th and 7th. Frank White hit his 16th homer in the 6th, and we added 2 on a couple RBI singles.

Game 133 – September 4
4 – Chicago
3 – Royals

WP – Britt Burns (16-7)
LP – Dan Quisenberry (2-6)
SV – Bob James (27)

So close. Possible cardiac events. We could not touch Burns, and Gubicza held the Sox for 6 innings, until they chipped up 3 runs in the 7th.

But we scrapped together and tied it up in the 8th. Motley homered; Royster and Orta (pinch-hitting) and Wilson doubled back to back to back for 3 runs.

Nobody else I'd want in the 9th, but they got to Quisenberry. Tim Hulett scored from second on a Steve Christmas single for a 4-3 lead.

In the ninth, Cooper struck out looking. McRae singled, but Bob James got White and Motley without too much trouble.

-
Danny Jackson continues to suffer from his stiff back, but it doesn't appear to affect his pitching. I'll probably just be more careful with his pitch count.

The Brewers were eliminated from the AL East race, we host Milwaukee for 3 this weekend.

Lost the series, and now it starts to feel hopeless. This was the series where the real life Royals caught fire. Might shuffle the lineup. Try something different.

-
My record 61-72; 5th; 7.5 games behind Texas
Real Life: 72-58; 2nd; 1.5 games behind California
so49as is offline   Reply With Quote