View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 09:36 PM   #6
DB930
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caporegime View Post
I can confirm that the old method of replacing ethnicities/names does not work in this version either for precisely the reason you stated. When I discovered the re-import function wasn't working that was the first thing I tried, so we can't even do that anymore.

I guess it's a classic good news/bad news situation with the game's new method of handling names/ethnicities. The good news is that we finally have the ability to add as many name sets and ethnicities to the game as we want. The bad news is that until the re-import function is fixed, this ability is severely limited if not stunted entirely.

I'm genuinely surprised that more players haven't come forward with regards to this problem, especially any historical/historical-fictional simmers who prefer use Questdog's names mod.
I think the reason more players aren't mentioning it is that it just doesn't seem like an issue in most situations, IMO. I certainly wouldn't call the new feature "severely limited or stunted entirely."

First of all, what do you mean by "historical-fictional"? Because I play a version of that, using real teams but fictional players, and I'm not having any problems--I've added a bunch of new namesets, and they're all showing up just fine. I also tried to create a historical league (MLB, 1977) just as a test, and again, all the new namesets appeared.

The key is, tho, that they only work in newly-created leagues. That's when the game reads everything from the world_default file and sets things up. It's only with the MLB quickstart file that I think you would need to re-import... or if you have a pre-existing game that you want to apply changes to. Otherwise it seems to be working fine, which I think explains the lack of complaints.
DB930 is offline   Reply With Quote