View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
Thanks for confirming the issue. Another bigger problem is that I'm not sure the old workaround of overwriting the names of an existing ethnicity with a new one would work anymore because of the ethnicity file. Say for instance I decided to overwrite the Romanian ethnicity to use Cuban names. I reimport the last names and names files with the Cuban names instead of Romanian and switch the Cuban nation to use Romanian names in OOTP. Sure I now get Cuban names but they will probably be all white Cubans. The ethnicity file to change Romanians skin color ratio is not a stand alone file anymore and is part of the world.xml file that doesn't get updated to existing leagues when you re-import the world.xml file.
I can confirm that the old method of replacing ethnicities/names does not work in this version either for precisely the reason you stated. When I discovered the re-import function wasn't working that was the first thing I tried, so we can't even do that anymore.

I guess it's a classic good news/bad news situation with the game's new method of handling names/ethnicities. The good news is that we finally have the ability to add as many name sets and ethnicities to the game as we want. The bad news is that until the re-import function is fixed, this ability is severely limited if not stunted entirely.

I'm genuinely surprised that more players haven't come forward with regards to this problem, especially any historical/historical-fictional simmers who prefer use Questdog's names mod.