View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 02:31 AM   #2
Caporegime
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhdz View Post
So I added a couple of new namesets and followed the instructions and updated both the world.xml file to add the new ethnicities and added them to the names and last names file and reimported everything back to my existing league and the new ethnicities did not show up as a choice when I went to update the country. I loaded up the 2018 quickstart and nothing. Then I created a custom league and that worked. I hope they fix ther reload world.xml file script to reflect new ethnicities.
I started threads on this very topic in both the main forum and the bug report forum. The silence was deafening.

Hey, at least you figured out the workaround quickly. It took me two whole days of breaking my teeth on the non-working re-import feature and unsuccessfully messing around with the dat files (BTW...never mess with those) before it finally occurred to me to look in a simpler direction.

Sorry to say, but the current state of the re-import names/ethnicities feature makes performing any type of fictional historical sim, historical sim with fictional elements, or any type of simulation where names and ethnicities evolve or change over time impossible. After all, immersion is everything in an historical simulation. Being stuck in a static environment where the names and people will never change as they did and continue to do IRL kills that immersion dead in its tracks.

Last edited by Caporegime; 04-04-2018 at 03:44 AM.
Caporegime is offline   Reply With Quote