View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 03:54 PM   #6
majesty95
All Star Starter

I understand that the game cannot do everything every individual intends. I just wish it was more transparent about that. Even though I have played this game for 10 years, I don't play it as much as many of the long-time guys. I'm kind of just a more seasoned newbie.

With that, I open up the game, see the options, and expect to be able to use them. I think that is a reasonable assumption. McDonald's doesn't put items on its menu just for show or only offered as part of a Happy Meal. But that's what we get here. Hey, play the game your way, but if you change anything from default you better go test it for 40 hours or you might waste 100.

It is what it is. I get that there is a reason certain options are there, only for certain circumstances. My issue is that I wish Markus and Matt would spend some time idiot proofing it to some degree. Either block certain options from historicals or, at least, have a warning that pops up when you change them with maybe a link to the manual or a forum thread. It can be done. It would also go a LONG way to helping new and old users alike waste much less time creating what they want. In the end, that would probably make it more enjoyable overall for everyone.
majesty95 is offline   Reply With Quote