View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #14
daves
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westheim View Post
I agree with next to nothing what he says. And quite vividly so. I'll give him #1 and #7. The rest I mostly politely disagree with, but this one rakes me the wrong way:

You must be joking, top to bottom!

First, you are comparing one season with one season. That does not prove squid. With that sort of logic, you can also conclusively argue that the DH destroys the balance of MLB; just look at the 2019 AL and NL standings. Pitchers hitting is what keeps the teams well balanced and bunched together! Bollocks.

If you give me enough time when I get home, I will show you that PT 19 snatches children and PT 20 rescues them. Just have to select the right league standings...

I also note that your team seems to win 107 games regardless of the competition. So you don't like that other teams are better than you? Competition is only good when you're at the top of the pile? Perhaps your PT 20 Doubledays should get more of those outrageous PEEK cards ...

I'm sorry, this is just a pile of nonsense.

While there could be an argument made that PT 19 teams at the top might be closer together, I would rather argue that this is because the game has been around for four or five months longer, and people had more time to open packs and more packs to get high-value cards, so *everybody*'s got some. I pulled a 100 Randy Johnson on one of my teams a few weeks ago. I am certain I am not the only lucky idiot to do so...
You are correct that it is just one season, but that one season is an example of what I have been experiencing in the open Perfect world in both games. There were not that many 120 win teams in PT19 since there are not mega players in PT1.0. There are great players in PT1.0, but not as great as PT2.0. These extraordinary players I believe have hurt the competitive balance overall.

Thanks for your response.

Last edited by daves; 08-13-2019 at 11:21 AM.
daves is offline   Reply With Quote