View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 04:20 AM   #5
waittilnextyear
All Star Starter

I didn't start playing PT19 until OOTP20 was about to come out so I don't really know how it used to be in the heyday of that version. That being said, it would be tough making any meaningful comparisons between PT1.0 and PT2.0 at this point because the older game is most likely populated by a ton of rudderless zombie teams (like mine). Would need a much bigger sample anyhow.

I couldn't care less about OOTP GO as I'm stuck in the past and not much of a mobile user. Always on a laptop when firing up OOTP.

Tournaments could be interesting, but the devil is in the details as far as implementation.

Agree on the collections. Turned out to be more frustration than fun for me. The cards are not in high enough supply and there need to be more pathways thru each mission so speculators can't pick out 1 or 2 cards per mission and sit on them indefinitely causing bottlenecks. I would also like a system where you can choose from a few different rewards: standard pack, card A, card B type of thing.

Agree on all the AH comments. For the most part it's easy to sort/filter and intuitive to use. Selling all the junk after a pack spree takes too long, but I'm not sure of an alternative other than forgoing lots of PP and auto quick selling most of the garbage under a certain threshold.

I don't mind the PEAK cards and other special issue cards. I think it can get a little bit overkill having 17 versions of the same player, but I also believe that more cards and more variety is generally a good thing.

One thing I would like them to look at some more for OOTP21 is defensive ratings and such. The Raul Mondesi card has a comically low arm strength for example. I have a hard time believing Tim Raines was a bad bunter. Lots of ultra bad baserunners that were not necessarily poor baserunners but just slow of foot. Et cetera. There are some inconsistencies in the ratings that are non-core ratings for batting and pitching.

waittilnextyear is offline   Reply With Quote