View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 08:37 PM   #8
SirGreatWhite
Minors (Single A)

Played the games until MLB Draft Day (6/4/19)!

Currently 32-29 and finally made it more than 1 game over .500 for the first time this year! Astros hold a 3 game lead over the A's. We just took 2 of 3 from Oakland on the road and should have swept them, but the usually lights out Ryan Pressly walked 2 and gave up 2 hits to blow a game in extra innings. Oh well, it happens. Bounced back with a dominating complete game (1 run allowed - unearned) by Justin Verlander in a 5-1 win in the series opener against Seattle on the road. Would be nice to win 3 of 4 there (or sweep!) to create a little more separation from the rest of the AL West.

Unfortunately, Brad Peacock was supposed to come back in 1 week during our next home stand, but unfortunately suffered a setback w/ his rotator cuff strain injury and will miss additional time. No timetable has been set on a possible return now. Reliever Will Harris came back after a 10 day stint on the IL.

I've never gone through the MLB draft before - on this game or any, but I am looking forward to it. I have an idea on how the draft negotiations work regarding slot value, etc. But I'd be happy and grateful for any and all suggestions, tips, advice, and help is greatly appreciated! I will be back on late tonight to see any feedback left and go from there. Thanks in advance!

*P.S. - this game is addicting!
SirGreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote