View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 04:02 PM   #3
George_Bell
All Star Starter

1917 NHL Regular Season

Here is an in game generated preview for the upcoming season. Nice feature.

Games are few and far between in this new NHL, making it a short season for yours truly. Halfway through December, we have our first trade. It’s not a big one, but because it’s our first, ill take a look…

The Habs send 26 year old C Joel Rochon, who wasn’t playing, to Toronto, for 39 year old Goalie Billy Nicholson, who wasn’t playing. Neither have any real potential. So, despite me mentioning it, nothing to see here.

Billy Nicholson, involved in the first NHL trade

At new years, the Ottawa Senators have the leagues best record, at 4-2-1. They have a OT loss, which I guess is worth a point, even though I’m very sure OT and OT points weren’t a thing 100 years ago. That’s pretty disappointing. I hope I can edit that in the offseason…

Newsy Lalonde is off to a incredible start, with 15 assists and 20 points through those 7 games. Lalonde has a point in every game this season. Goaltending isn’t too great right now. A lot of goals are being scored.

Newsy Lalonde, the NHL's first STAR?!

No deals occur before the Feb 1st deadline, so I power ahead and sim right to the end of the season. Each team in the WCHL tried multiple times to sign me as a GM. Is there a commish mode where they won’t bother?

FINAL STANDINGS

Ottawa finishes in first with 31 points, I assume they now will play the Montreal Canadiens for the right to represent the NHL in the Stanley Cup. I believe it’s a 2 game most goals series. The Toronto Arenas miss out by a single point!

Newsly Lalonde and Frank Nighbor are just significantly better then their peers. Both of them averaged more then 2 points a game.

Last edited by George_Bell; 11-14-2017 at 11:06 AM.
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote