View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 01:44 AM   #94
Supermercado
Minors (Triple A)

Jim Cuthbert (cuthbe001jam) has rel life stats for 1908 that show him with the exact same stat line for two different clubs (140 games, 139 starts, 577 plate appearances etc...) which means he's shown as having 280 games etc.. for the season.

While we're on it, does anyone know why select MLB history players often show up as free agents with their past real life stats showing up under batting/pitching stats.

For instance, in my fictional historical league which runs parallel to MLB an Orval Overall turned up as a free agent after the 1906 draft with nothing in his history file to show that he'd previously been drafted, signed or anything in game. I checked his stats to work out who he was and he was showing 1905 stats for Cincinnati in the MLB. When I checked his real life stats they were the exact same stats as were shown as his in-game stats for a season he didn't really play (and they were the same as his BR stats - http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...veraor01.shtml)

He has a historical minors ID (overal001orv) as well as a majors ID (overaor01) and played a real life season in the minors in 1904, but shouldn't this mean he was available in the draft for 1904 instead of just randomly appearing at end 1906?

Update: Also noticed that with these players it does weird things with their 'real life' stats. For instance here this player has stats for a fictional team in a fictional league for 1908 in September 1907.

Update 2: Could the weird stats crossover be down to using the same team name/code as a previous major league and future minor league side?

Last edited by Supermercado; 03-30-2017 at 04:44 PM.
Supermercado is offline   Reply With Quote