Thread: Team strategy
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #8
Isryion
Major Leagues

I'm shocked people don't use these more often. I admit it's somewhat overwhelming to start, but done in increments it's really not that bad. Moving them, even to extremes simply alters the window the manager uses and doesn't shift the philosophy of the era/time completely.

My advice is to:

1. Set one (as someone mentioned above) and then copy to all situations.

2. Then go to the time and adjust it for the tied games at various times. At worst, you can then copy and past this manually to all situations at that time. This will at least have your own preferences and your manager will act like they are close games (but he still chooses relievers, etc.. appropriately as Steve P mentioned).

3. At that point it's then relatively easy to go in to each different score situation and make small adjustments.

4. I'll then go in to some players and adjust them (for example, my stealing is almost down to nil, but I adjust it for elite speedsters).

I love playing around with these, so much so that I wanted a feature added where we could set strategies for how our fielders and pitchers approach OPPOSING players.
Isryion is offline   Reply With Quote