View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 07:35 PM   #57
NYY #23
Hall Of Famer

10/11/1905 - World Series Game 1

The first order of business, a one game playoff between the Pirates and Beaneaters. Do I get my chance at revenge on the Pirates, or face off against a new opponent?

The Beaneaters jumped out to an early lead in the first by scoring one run in the bottom half of the first. That would be just about their only highlight, as the Pirates rolled to a 5-2 victory. Steve Swetonic picked up the win to improve his record to 24-11 allowing just 5 hits in the shutout. Swetonic is filling in for former number three starter Woodie Fryman, on the DL with shoulder inflammation.

Wes Farrell took the ball from the Browns against Josh Beckett for the Pirates. Beckett struggled this season with a shoulder injury, and was 10-9 with a 2.33 ERA. I won't even get into a summary, except to say that a Pirate homer in the top of the second sealed our fate. Beckett was impressive only allowing five hits, and I don't think we even got a runner in scoring position. For a while I thought maybe we would get no-hit, but we just lost 2-0.
NYY #23 is offline   Reply With Quote