View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 01:13 AM   #7
jaa36
Hall Of Famer

allow me to pause for just a moment.

This was hands down the most bonkers, bananas game I have ever been a part of. The line score speaks for itself, but among the highlights:

-Yusei Kikuchi was pulled after three ineffective innings, in favor of a tired but eager Mariners bullpen.
-After the bullpen continued to hemorrhage runs, with the score 13-5, I considered putting King Felix (the fifth starter) in to sop up the last two innings.
-Then we scored eight runs off a very tired Rangers bullpen, capped off by a game-tying home run by Mitch Haniger.
-I proceeded to burn through the rest of my relievers by the end of the tenth inning as the game remained scoreless, despite the M's putting the game-winning run in scoring position three times in the ninth inning and beyond.
-King Felix came in and pitched three scoreless innings before, exhausted, he gave up three runs in the fourteenth inning, including a crippling error by Haniger.
-No worries. Matt Bush (the last Rangers' reliever) gave up a walk, a single, and two more walks to put the tying run on second and the winning run on first. Ryon Healy grounded into a double play; a run scored. Jake Fraley grounded the ball to Elvis Andrus- who booted the ball to allow the tying run to score! What!!!!
-Marco Gonzales, the second M's starter to make the trek out to the bullpen, and pitching on two days' rest, gave up a two-run homer to Rougned Odor and allowed another run to score, throwing 35 pitches in the inning.
-Again, no worries. Bush walked two more and gave up two hits before giving way to starter Drew Smyly. Domingo Santana fouled off four straight pitches before whacking a bases-clearing double to right-center to give the M's a walk-off, 20-19 victory, in the bottom of the fifteenth. It was his fifth hit and third double of the game.
-The game lasted for 7 hours and 4 minutes.
-Suck it, Rangers! Ahhahha haaa!
Attached Images
Image Image Image Image 
jaa36 is offline   Reply With Quote