Thread: Online Leagues?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 08:41 AM   #78
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatcat View Post
As we have said before if we have to wait for a good while for a MP version there might not be a MP community left to play it.
I anticipate that FOF under the OOTP banner will sell multiple times more copies than any previous version of FOF. How large is the current FOF MP community? I'm going to guess it's less than a few hundred people. Honestly, there will easily be hundreds of new MP players once the game is released. And even those who feel alienated by a potential lack of MP I'm sure will still be part of that group once the game is out.

Quote:
we probably think the game is being pushed out without it (if that happens) so OoTP get sales quickly. Jim cared about us when he was Solesismic, i quite understand now that the decision makers at OoTP probably care about making money!
Naturally the goal of any company is to make money. However, to paint OOTPD as some corporate monster that only cares about the bottom line is quite frankly ridiculous. The customer support and care for the customer shown by OOTPD over years of successful business has been second to none.

Quote:
As for you saying what is the point of making a game that is buggy or unstable, just delay the release and please get MP in correctly, I doubt the game will be out before Christmas so it's not like huge sales will be lost by a delay of a month or so.
If MP players are only going to get that functionality on a certain date, but the rest of the game would be ready a couple months earlier, why would they delay releasing the game (and getting feedback/patches/fixes) for everyone who doesn't care about MP?

Quote:
As for Hockey Manager i guess there was no MP community prior to the game release unlike with FOF, so if that is correct your point is irrelevant I am afraid!
Irrelevant? I literally explained why the company had likely taken this stance on not over promising until they know it will be in for sure, because they had been burned by this before. And once again as much as it may hurt to hear, the stability of the game will always be prioritized over the desires of the existing FOF MP community.